Quality in Careers Standard & Gatsby Benchmarks
We hold the The Quality in Careers Standard which is the only national quality award for careers education, information, advice and guidance in schools, colleges and work-based learning - often described as “the British kitemark for careers”.
This proves the excellent quality of our Careers, Progression and Aspiration provision and our commitment to ensuring that our provision remains first class and fully complies with the Department for Education's statutory guidance.
We use the eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance to measure and assess the impact of our careers programme on our students and their progression success.
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
This information is published to governors annually in September and updated at key points in the year.